Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
Beef Stroganoff is a delicious classic. In under 30 minutes, you will have a rich and creamy mushroom sauce that is PACKED with savoury, beef strips. Serve it with pasta, rice or mash potatoes.
Skill Level: Easy
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb beef strips
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt, adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, adjust to taste
- Preheat a heavy, deep pan over medium-high heat with olive oil. Add beef strips. Add onions and pressed garlic. Saute until the onion is translucent and golden brown.
- Add sliced mushrooms and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until fully incorporated. Be sure to mix in any lumps that form.
- Add 1 cup beef broth, 1 cup whipping cream, 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper and bring it to a simmer. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add in sour cream. Stir to combine everything together and season to taste if needed. Serve over noodles, rice or potatoes.